10 Tips for Staying Above the Wellness Line & How to do it with Joy
Sometimes I feel like I’m in information overload, especially when it comes to all the conflicting information out there about health and wellness. Before I became a certified health coach, I just wanted someone to cut through all the noise and tell me what would truly help me find complete physical, mental, and social well-being. I felt this gap between the ultra athletes’ “health and wellness” practices and protocols for fighting disease. Where and what were the steps those of us in seemingly good health could implement to aspire to excellent health?
You see, you can have all the life plans you want; however, if you aren’t feeling your best, it’s tough to accomplish your goals and have the energy to inspire and impact others in your circle of influence. I wish I had enough time to sit down and share everything with you in this article, but I don’t, so I’ve picked ten things you can do today to start reclaiming your health and wellness and living with passion and purpose.
- Sleep & Exercise: Get adequate rest. 7-8 hours of sleep a night is required. Your cells rejuvenate at night, and your digestive system gets to calm down.
- Take Magnesium: Drink a magnesium supplement before bed.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink at least eight 8 oz glasses of water a day. An added benefit, drinking warm lemon water in the morning.
- Bone Broth: This hot beverage helps heal the gut from past injury from stress, bad diet, and other illnesses.
- Oil Pulling: First thing in the morning, take 1 tsp full of organic coconut oil under the tongue and swish.
- Tongue Scraping: Scrape your tongue twice a day after brushing with a stainless steel scraper.
- Eliminate Chemicals: Good rule of thumb, if you can’t eat your skincare and cleaning products, don’t use them.
- Grounding: Walk barefoot in the grass, wear leather sole shoes, or get a grounding mat.
- Build Your Microbiome: Probiotics and prebiotics help to populate the gut with healthy bacteria. Some probiotic foods are sauerkraut, kombucha, yogurt, and kimchi. Prebiotic foods are garlic, onions, leeks, oats, and apples.
- Vitamin D: Spend time in the sun. At least 15 minutes a day, or take a quality vitamin D supplement.
For a comprehensive guide that cuts to the chase, pick up “Share the Joy: 52 Weeks to Abundant Health” on Amazon Prime for 40+ other health practices.